TestLink is web based test case management system. It has following things which can be used :
1) Collection of test plans and test cases
2) In Test cases ->we can add Summary, Steps , Expected result, Execution type, Test importance, Keywords
3) Each test case can be matched with requirements.
4) The folder structure in TestLink terminology is
Test Project-> Test Suite -> Test Cases ( or child Test Suite )
Mapping with Normal testing terms will be like :
Project-> TestPlans-> Test Cases
5) Only "admin" can create test projects/users.
6) Leaders can create Test Suite, Builds, Assign test case executions.
7) Test Suites/ Test cases can be moved/ copied in single project. Copying from another project is not allowed.
8) Once test cases are updated, leader can assign the test cases to testers.
9) The testers can mark the test cases as PASS/Failed/Blocked.
10) Once the Test status is marked as PASS/Failed/Blocked it cannot be changed to "Not run" again.
However if new build is added again all test cases will become "Not run" .
Installation screen shots for Test Link
After installaition the login screen will come, username : admin and password : admin
After login you will get main page with all the features :
Test Project Management
Create new Test project Project_A
After "Create" the Home page will have "Test Plan Management Tab" :
Create the Test Plan in "TestPlan Management"
Now Create the Test Suites
Add the Test Cases in Test suite
Create the Builds
For execution of test plan build is to be created.
Assign Test cases to users
For this add/remove the test cases to be assigned
Now Assignt the test case execution:
Execution by testers
The reports can be seen in Results section.