Linux tool to generate different Ethernet packet types PACKETH tool
Packeth is one good tool which can generate different packets and can be used for testing.
Following are different types which can be generated from this tool.
- you can create and send any ethernet packet. Supported protocols:
- ethernet II, ethernet 802.3, 802.1q, QinQ
- ARP, IPv4, IPv6, user defined network layer payload
- UDP, TCP, ICMP, IGMP, user defined transport layer payload
- RTP (payload with options to send sin wave of any frequency for G.711)
- sending sequence of packets
- delay between packets, number of packets to send
- sending with max speed, approaching the teoretical boundary
- change parameters while sending (change IP & mac address, UDP payload, 2 user defined bytes, etc.)
- saving configuration to a file and load from it - pcap format supported